speeding ticket and how to proceed

Posts: 1

speeding ticket and how to proceed

Unread post by mozzer on

Hi everyone,

I'm posting because I'm new to fighting traffic tickets. Here's my situation:
Was charged earlier this year for speeding (59 in a 40). In addition, the car I was driving didn't have the back of the registration photocopied so got charged with no motor vehicle permit, AND I was dumb enough to tell the officer I hadn't changed the address on my license (had moved about a month ago from my parents house and just never got around to doing it). So recap:
1) speeding
2) no permit
3) did not notify change in address

Infraction was in March of 2009, trial date set for February 2010.

I think I already know the answer, but do I need to file 3 separate disclosure requests and 3 separate applications for a stay of proceedings?

Also - do you think I have a good chance of being granted a stay of proceedings (trial date 11 months from date of infraction).

Thanks for any input!

User avatar
Posts: 959
Location: Guelph, Ontario

Unread post by racer on

Maybe not the stay application just yet. But definitely ask for 3 sets of disclosure for each statement.
"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com

Post Reply

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 16 to 29 km/h”