Improper passing - section 148 of the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.
kewatin

Officer Notified Me That Ticket Was Not Filed But I Already

by: kewatin on

greetings

was involed in a accident on reginal rd 3 south of PAISLY,ONT in white out conditions and found a car stopped in front of me which we hit. needless to say our vehicle was totaled but were taken to hospital for treatment. the OPP officer was very polite &understanding but stilled charged me. i was in no condition to fifight it so pleaded guilty &sent my $110 to owen sound traffic court on feb22/11. 1 wk later officer phoned to see how we were doing and stated to me that she did not file the ticket and i would get my money back and no 3 points on my record. i just checked my bank statement &the $110 was taken out.should i phone the court &ask whats going on or contact the officer, i would hate to get her in trouble for being kind but 3 points &$110 is a lot to me as i am on a fixed incone, fortunately i had new car replacement on my insurance. any help in the above matter will be appreciated.

regards KEWATIN :roll:

kewatin

by: kewatin on

:lol: thanks for the reply, icalled the court in question and verified that the ticket offence was not on their system &they said it was not.&transferred to finance dept where they stated it was dropped by the officer and that they were issuing a refund of $110 and best of all no 3 points on my record.

justice abd fairness did prevail in this case.

regards&later KEWATIN

Post a Reply