A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
willy

118 On 100

by: willy on

I got a ticket on Feb 13.

I was driving on the 100 highway while approached by a moving police car. The officer first said I changed the lane without signaling, which was untrue. I explained to him that I did signal. Then he said he suspected I was using a hand-held device (mobile), which was untrue. I explained to him I could not locate my mobile at the moment. I was NOT using a mobile. Then finally he said I was speeding and gave me a ticket for driving 118 on 100 highway.

I received my court date which is March 19. ( I didn't request for it. It was sent to me automatically)

To be honest I feel slightly mis-treated. His first two accusations were completely wrong. And I don't believe I was going 118. Perhaps 110. (But this is not my defense).

I have requested for a disclosure and am still waiting for it.

Meanwhile, please provide any suggestions/tips.

Thank you in advance!

AlienPrime

by: AlienPrime on

willy wrote:I got a ticket on Feb 13.

I was driving on the 100 highway while approached by a moving police car. The officer first said I changed the lane without signaling, which was untrue. I explained to him that I did signal. Then he said he suspected I was using a hand-held device (mobile), which was untrue. I explained to him I could not locate my mobile at the moment. I was NOT using a mobile. Then finally he said I was speeding and gave me a ticket for driving 118 on 100 highway.

I received my court date which is March 19. ( I didn't request for it. It was sent to me automatically)

To be honest I feel slightly mis-treated. His first two accusations were completely wrong. And I don't believe I was going 118. Perhaps 110. (But this is not my defense).

I have requested for a disclosure and am still waiting for it.

Meanwhile, please provide any suggestions/tips.

Thank you in advance!

ohh gosh sounds horrible :(

i was charged once for doing 61 in a 50. the cop came out screaming me with his gun drawn. I was actually very scared. he gave me a ticket for 61 in a 50 and sped off. i tried to fight it but it was my word vs the cops :(

i think you may just be best to pay it :(

Since then, I bought 3 gopro's that i have mounted 2 inside the car at all times when i drive. One i put outside for fun. In court, the cop denied having his gun drawn and denied screaming at me (although there were people on the street that saw him) I had to present evidence which i had none (because i couldn't even figure out who the pedestrians were) :( Unfortunately cops will always cover for other cops whether good or bad. All you can do is cover your own ass. Make sure you have audio recorded at all times and you have video proof at all time :(

"In fact, the more things are forbidden, the more popular they become"
- Mark Twain
willy

Update: I filed for disclosure last week but haven't received it..... Do I have a good chance of requesting for adjournment?

Any advice is greatly appreciated since it's my first time.

Thanks!!

willy

Disclosure

It says "stopped and admits to reading maps" - that's false...I didn't admit to reading maps

Attachments
Disclosure
Disclosure
P1030486.JPG (160.21 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
Post a Reply

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 16 to 29 km/h”