looper89

Québec Resident, Ontario License?

by: looper89 on

Hi there,

First off I appologize if this is not in the right forum, but I can't seem to find an answer to this particular situation anywhere on the net, and isn't something that has happened, but rather something I'd like to do.

I would like to know at what point this is legal, or illegal, to avoid any trouble.

Long story/situation short :

- I'm a Qu©bec resident (not too far from the Ontario border), and have a regular class 5 drivers license.

- I have family in Ottawa.

- I wish to get my motorbike license in Ontario, since the restrictions aren't as rediculous as in QC, and I'd avoid the whole probationary period we have here, requiring that I absolutely ride accompanied by another rider for a certain period of time.

My question is; can I get an Ontario Photo ID (using my family's home address, as though I were an Ontario citizen) to then apply for an Ontario license, at which point I'd have an Ontario-plated bike, with Ontario registration and insurance in Qu©bec? Will they (cops/Ontario-government/SAAQ) see that I already have another license in another province?

Thanks in advance for any answers or suggestions :)

Post a Reply