acura17el

Red Light Camera Ticket

by: acura17el on

Hi,

I just recieved a ticket for running a red light in mississauga. I honestly don't remember doing anything of the sort and never speed through to make lights. The car is clearly mine, and it indicates that my front tires were at the white intersection line at 0.2 seconds after the light turned red and then i am in the middle of the intersection when it is 1.2 seconds. I'm wondering if there is any defense for the timing of the situation. I find it a bit harse that they will ticket me for hitting the red 0.2 seconds after it changed. I was not speeding. The speed indicator shos i was doing 56kph, but it's still too fast to stop without entering the intersection at that point.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I also can't really afford this for various reasons. Very much appreciated!

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

It's an absolute liability offence, so your speed/distance are irrelevant to the Courts. Once it's red, it's red. Unless the ticket has some fatal error, usually your best option is to try and plead out to a reduced fine.

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

Remember that a red light camera conviction doesn't carry any points and usually doesn't affect your insurance because it technically wasn't issued to you (as a driver), so accepting a conviction is not acknowledgment that it was you who actually committed the offence.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
Post a Reply