Disobey Sign - Interchange Way At Jane St

Traffic ticket for Prohibited turns? Learn the Highway Traffic Act here.
wingedbull

Disobey Sign - Interchange Way At Jane St

Unread post by wingedbull »

I got a ticket for disobeying a sign at an interchange in Vaughan (Interchange Way and Jane St.) that supposedly only for Buses to make a left turn at.

The police officer was waiting for motorist to make that turn and noticed that he assumed his position again of hiding for the next victim.

The street is 3 lanes wide and the left turn lane is seperate from the rest of the lanes giving the impression that it is a normal left lane towards a family private mall for IKEA. This was Sunday at 11 AM where there was no traffic except for the couple of buses that were in front of me.

I am planning to go to court and plead not guilty as I do not think it was fair for a trap like that in an intersection that the sign was not visible although the officer assured me that there were 8 sign there !!!

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

(from google maps/street view)

NB Jane Street

- left turn lane

(no left turn sign prior to turn lane starting x 2)

(only buses sign as lane starts)

(pavement markings - only bus x 2)

(no left turn sign at intersection)

(no left turn sign across from intersection)

- L1 - straight thru

- L2 - straight thru

- right turn lane

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Frozenover

Unread post by Frozenover »

wingedbull wrote:I am planning to go to court and plead not guilty as I do not think it was fair for a trap like that in an intersection that the sign was not visible although the officer assured me that there were 8 sign there !!!

If that is going to be your defense then you'll lose for sure, if you actually go to trial.

File for disclose and see if you can come up with a viable defense, if not attend and take a deal.

Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified »

Frozenover wrote:File for disclose and see if you can come up with a viable defense, if not attend and take a deal.

X2

wingedbull wrote:I am planning to go to court and plead not guilty as I do not think it was fair for a trap like that in an intersection that the sign was not visible although the officer assured me that there were 8 sign there !!!

"Fairness" has nothing to do with it. Unless the signs were completely obscured, and you can prove it, the odds of success are nonexistent.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca