A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

ABM

Private Company Had My Car Towed From City Property

by: ABM on

First off I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I rent a shop with a few people which has many units in the building. For the past few months I've had a car that is legally on the road and has tags but has been park on our leased land. Due to the landlord having a car show at our building I was asked to move it which was no problem. There is a small strip of city land across from our building that the landlord use to lease from the city but does not anymore. Because of the previous lease parking enforcement does not bother us (the building in whole) if parked cars are on that land. Nothing is stopping them from ticket cars parked there. Another tenant in the building did not like that the car was park there and called a private company to tow my car and claimed to be the property owner. The towing company reported to the police that they were going to tow the car and moved it to their lot. In short I had a private company tow my car from city property without a request from the city. I was wonder if anyone could shed some light on what I can legally do. Honestly I'm not to angry with the towing company but at the other tenant.

A few things. The car had never been ticketed and had plates and up-to-date tags. The police did sign off on it getting towed after but was told it was on private property. I don't really want to go after the towing company (he was really nice about everything and knows he was in the wrong).

Post a Reply