License Suspended, Violation Of Novice Driver Conditions

adamcochrane

License Suspended, Violation Of Novice Driver Conditions

Unread post by adamcochrane »

Back in 2010, I was pulled over, and ticketed for "G1 DRIVER UNACCOMP. BY QUALIFIED DRIVER" I was driving alone to pick my mother up, and I only had my G1.

Anyways I plead guilty because I know I couldn't really fight it and I thought it was just a ticket and that's it. The next month my license was suspended for 30 days.

I new it was stupid to do and I haven't really had a problem until now. I am looking for a car to purchase but insurance company's are giving me the most ridiculous rates.

My question is, is there anyway I can appeal this? Hopefully get the suspension removed off my record, or am I screwed for the next couple years? :cry:

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

The suspension is automatic with a conviction. The only way to avoid the suspension is to be found not guilty at trial or work out a plea deal with the Crown to a different offence that doesnt entail an automatic suspension.

Since youve already been convicted your only hope would be to get the matter reopened. This can be done for a valid legal reasons, but based on what youve said I dont think you have any grounds.

The lengthy time lapse also doesn't help.

Edit: How long until your insurance company will ignore the suspension on your record? I'd also try shopping around a little bit if you haven't already.

Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified »

Agree with Stanton - shop around. Every insurance company is different. Some that promise big $aving$ really only work if you meet very specific, narrow criteria. Others will have slightly higher rates, but will forgive you for one screw-up (collision or incident), etc. Keep looking and see what you can find. There are a lot of different companies out there, so odds are you'll find one that meets your needs sooner or later.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca