Improper right turn - Discuss the HTA here
former_ATI

Newly Added "no Right Turn Sign" And Ticket

by: former_ATI on

Hello,

Yesterday, I received three tickets from the officers who stopped me at 1am in the morning while I was driving back from my regular sport activity. Tickets are:

• Fail to surrender a permit (basically, I only had my driver license with me while my car ownership was in another valet that I forgot at home)

• Fail to have insurance card (same as above, was with my ownership license in another valet)

• Proceed contrary to the sign at intersection – not long ago, new sign was added at the intersection that prevented a right turn on red. I made a right turn with regular procedure (stop, make sure that it is safe to make the turn, make a turn). This was the initial reason for pulling me over!

Total fee is not small; $285. My record is clean, my car was properly insured and plate sticker was valid. Yes, I did not see a newly added sign and made a turn when not permitted. Is there any point of me disputing any or all of those tickets based on my clean record? I explained to the officer what has happened and acknowledge mistake of not seeing a new sign but he did not give me any relief and issued three tickets.

Thanks

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

former_ATI wrote:Is there any point of me disputing any or all of those tickets based on my clean record?

Yes. At the very least request a first attendance meeting with the Crown. Bring your current proof of ownership and insurance with you. Its quite likely that the Crown will drop one or two of the charges if you plead guilty to the rest. It's unfortunate the officer didn't exercise more discretion, but hopefully the Crown will.

Post a Reply