Improper right turn - Discuss the HTA here
djspindisk

Improper Right Turn, 141(2)

by: djspindisk on

So I was going down university and just going up the ramp to gardiner, and I get pulled over for an improper right turn.

I was in the passing lane on university and i tried to get into the right turn lane just before the intersection. The person beside me gave me way, and I turned. Given my luck, there was a cop standing at the ramp and he pulls me over and writes me a ticket for $110. Thing here is, I didn't cut anybody off. The guy gave me way but I was still pulled over. What are my options here and how do I go about them? I'm a student and the demerit points and fine are pretty heavy on my budget.

Also, this was my first offence, if that helps.

viper1

by: viper1 on

djspindisk wrote:So I was going down university and just going up the ramp to gardiner, and I get pulled over for an improper right turn.

I was in the passing lane on university and i tried to get into the right turn lane just before the intersection. The person beside me gave me way, and I turned. Given my luck, there was a cop standing at the ramp and he pulls me over and writes me a ticket for $110. Thing here is, I didn't cut anybody off. The guy gave me way but I was still pulled over. What are my options here and how do I go about them? I'm a student and the demerit points and fine are pretty heavy on my budget.

Also, this was my first offence, if that helps.

really good police work there.

You think your time is more important then mine?

I hope every one of you gets nabbed.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

djspindisk wrote:Also, this was my first offence, if that helps.

It probably would. You'll likely be offered a plea-bargain to a lesser offence, perhaps even a municipal by-law infraction. That would lower the fine, for starters. The demerit points do not affect your insurance - convictions do. Municipal by-law infractions really don't end up on your driving abstract, just like parking fines. That would probably be the best option for you.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply