Officer Notified Me That Ticket Was Not Filed But I Already

Improper passing - section 148 of the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.
kewatin

Officer Notified Me That Ticket Was Not Filed But I Already

Unread post by kewatin »

greetings

was involed in a accident on reginal rd 3 south of PAISLY,ONT in white out conditions and found a car stopped in front of me which we hit. needless to say our vehicle was totaled but were taken to hospital for treatment. the OPP officer was very polite &understanding but stilled charged me. i was in no condition to fifight it so pleaded guilty &sent my $110 to owen sound traffic court on feb22/11. 1 wk later officer phoned to see how we were doing and stated to me that she did not file the ticket and i would get my money back and no 3 points on my record. i just checked my bank statement &the $110 was taken out.should i phone the court &ask whats going on or contact the officer, i would hate to get her in trouble for being kind but 3 points &$110 is a lot to me as i am on a fixed incone, fortunately i had new car replacement on my insurance. any help in the above matter will be appreciated.

regards KEWATIN :roll:

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

Unread post by Simon Borys »

It's got nothing to do with the officer anymore. You could try calling the court and asking them to confirm that the ticket is not on the system. If it's not, ask them how you go about getting your money back.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
kewatin

Unread post by kewatin »

:lol: thanks for the reply, icalled the court in question and verified that the ticket offence was not on their system &they said it was not.&transferred to finance dept where they stated it was dropped by the officer and that they were issuing a refund of $110 and best of all no 3 points on my record.

justice abd fairness did prevail in this case.

regards&later KEWATIN