Improper left turn - Fight the traffic ticket
green

Waiting In Intersection To Turn L

by: green on

A colleague's son got charged for something. I don't know what the charge was, but the kid says he was charged for being the second vehicle waiting in the intersection to turn left at a green light.

First, I don't think that's illegal. Second, I can't believe he got a fine of $430 and 7 demerit points for this. I think this kid is lying to his dad.

Does anyone know if this could possibly be true? Or know for sure that it is false?

Thx.

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

There are only two offences that will result in 7 demerit points in Ontario, and those are failing to stop for police, and failure to remain at the scene of a collision, unless he got multiple tickets.

Just as a side note... if an officer issued more than one ticket for the same incident, they do not pile on the demerit points, they just take the one with the most points and apply it, but most people don't know that. So he may have been issued two or three tickets.

green wrote:the kid says he was charged for being the second vehicle waiting in the intersection to turn left at a green light.

That's not against the law. Either the kid is not telling the truth or he was improperly ticketed.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
green

by: green on

Thank you for confirming that it isn't against the law. And I just knew 7 points was too much.

Also thanks for mentioning the improperly ticketed possibility...as I was just going with the lying kid theory.

G

Post a Reply