Improper left turn - Fight the traffic ticket
FyreStorm

Posting Awards

by: FyreStorm on

Were you charged?

Nothing says you have to call them IMMEDIATELY.

Call them tomorrow. Not a big deal.

tom g

by: tom g on

yes i was charged with turn not in safety , adn failure to show ins card, my wife was charged with the no insurance charge

and 5000 doll fine

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

No insurance? Was the vehicle insured at the time or not? I mean, you said you didn't call your insurance company "immediately," but you have up to 7 days to make a claim.

If the vehicle was insured at the time, the "no insurance" charge is easily beaten. Just bring documentation from your insurer to court and they will withdraw the charge against your wife. (I'm assuming she's the registered vehicle owner, correct?) If the vehicle wasn't insured at the time, well, that's a bit of a different story.

As for Left Turn - Not in Safety, what happened? Did you make a left turn and get hit by an oncoming driver?

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
tom g

by: tom g on

i called insurance to quote the car and ended up forgettin to call back i was stupid and i just got caught up in life at home . i stopped driving the car that was insured to drive this one , it slipped my mind , no wmy wife is charged with the offence due my negligence , she was charged with the no insurance man i dont know what to doo , am i totally screwd now my insurance company has told me that when it is time to renew they prob will not take me back and deff will not want to add my wife to any policy what do i do .

help

thank you

tom

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Given those circumstances, I'm going to +1 FyreStorm's recommendation of calling a paralegal. You will require professional help with this one. There's a form at the bottom of this page to fill out for a free no-obligation quote.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

scratchproof wrote:you have automatic 14 day coverage on a new vehicle that you purchase, if you already had another veh insured at that time.

rather than just stating that......show us all where this is writing (a link will do) and that it covers every insurance company.......

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
viper1

by: viper1 on

hwybear wrote:
scratchproof wrote:you have automatic 14 day coverage on a new vehicle that you purchase, if you already had another veh insured at that time.

rather than just stating that......show us all where this is writing (a link will do) and that it covers every insurance company.......

To help out: my wife and many of her friends are licensed brokers.

She lead me to this link though it is tedious to find the answer you want.

http://www.ibc.ca/en/car_insurance/docu ... on-faq.pdf

You can look through it to find it.

Once before I mentioned that you are covered on a test drive and on a purchase for 14 days.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
scratchproof

by: scratchproof on

don't actually know where exactly written down - I will check for you.. you can call your ins. co. and ask your claims adjuster - they cannot hide the fact... you will get the lowest minimum liability coverage that any of your other cars carry at this time. No physical damage applies.

SAMANDELLA
scratchproof

by: scratchproof on

ok i checked it out - it is located in the policy wording of yr ontario automobile policy wording book - under the section Newly Accquired Auto-provided you inform the ins.company within 14days of accquiring your new vehicle, and pay the required/additional premium. In your automobile wording booklet, page 12, section 2.2.1. The booklet is the same, for all ins. co.in ONtario. good luck !

SAMANDELLA
hwybear

Posting Awards

scratchproof and viper.....thanks

was able to make a "sticky" thread for this type of stuff...

http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com ... html#14638

anyhoo....back to tom g questions for yall>>

tom g wrote:i was involved in a accident today i made a left turn and was in a accident

i was stupid and did not call my insurance to tell them about the car help

tom g wrote:i called insurance to quote the car and ended up forgettin to call back i was stupid and i just got caught up in life at home . i stopped driving the car that was insured to drive this one , it slipped my mind , no wmy wife is charged with the offence due my negligence , she was charged with the no insurance man i dont know what to doo , am i totally screwd now my insurance company has told me that when it is time to renew they prob will not take me back and deff will not want to add my wife to any policy what do i do .

help

thank you

tom

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
hwybear

Posting Awards

does not sound like it applies....seems like he had owned the vehicle for some time and was not driving it, then decided to drive...therefore it is not a "new vehicle" to him

Post a Reply