Improper left turn - Fight the traffic ticket
Geo96

Fail To Afford Reasonable Opportunity To Avoid Collision

by: Geo96 on

I got in a accident, I turned left and got hit in the middle of a T intersection. The ticket says fail to afford reasonable opportunity to avoid collision. I know i am at fault because of the left hand turn law, but i am wondering if i can fight the ticket to just get the demerit points taken off.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Geo96 wrote:Alright so then there is no point in fighting it then? just to pay the $110 fine?

What he is saying is they would have to reduce your ticket to a lesser charge. You can't keep the charge you have now and receive 0 points. They can't just take the points off the charge because the Ministry automatically adds the points associated with that charge. Your charge would have to be reduced to something that doesn't carry any points. It's up to the prosecutor. You can always schedule an early meeting or go to trial to try to receive some sort of possible deal.

tdottopcop

by: tdottopcop on

There is definitely a lesser charge for left turns. Can`t think of what it is right off the top of my head... they may be able to plead it down to a traffic by law which is less money and 0 points. Don`t just pay it.

No, I am not the chief of Toronto Police.
No, I do not work for Toronto Police...
... it is just a name folks :)
Post a Reply