A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

bb.baobao

Trail Of May 6th, Advice Please!

by: bb.baobao on

I'm going to trail on May 6th, a little more than 2 weeks away and I have no idea where to start. I've been told to request disclosure, is it too late? Or can I just ask at court? My terminology is pretty bad also, what should I be saying when they call me up.

Thank you in advance.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

You're really going to be pushing your luck by asking for disclosure 2 weeks out when you've had nearly 5 months to do so. Disclosure usually takes 1-2 months normally if you plan on getting it mailed back to you.

If you plan on doing so, I'd suggest you do it immediately. They will probably be able to supply it to you on your court date. You are going to have to have a pretty good explanation prepared on why you are essentially wasting the courts time, as they are going to have to consider putting the whole thing off to another date. If they do, you better be prepared on your next date because they are going to have a trial no matter what.

Either way, you'll have to prepare to go to trial on May 6th. Without disclosure, I don't know how you're going to be very effective. What was the charge? Maybe a plea deal might be in your best interest.

Post a Reply