A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

racer wrote:In America, it takes less time for a pizza to get to your house than for a paramedic team!

Not much of an exaggeration there, in fact a lot of times that's true! Two years of living in Detroit, along with four years of working there, fully convinced me that while Canada's emergency responses may not be perfect, we've got it much better here. An example is Ontario's ORNGE Air Ambulance service, which has been largely responsible for saving countless lives, including people seriously injured in traffic collisions. Here's an article and a video:

http://www.healthzone.ca/health/article/609875
Squishy wrote:It's my understanding that the mother-in-law was already in the hospital for treatment, and they were rushing there for her last moments.

Yes. I think that, even if the officer wanted to write Moats a ticket, he had many other options than acting the way he did. Detaining them for 13 minutes, and using the type of tone and language that he did, was not acceptable. I know Moats was exasperated, but he only asked the officer to hurry up, he never asked for a break.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

RI that was a great video on air ambulance...thanx

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply