Suspended License

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

bobajob

Posting Awards

Suspended License

Unread post by bobajob »

HI Guy's long time.

This is about mrs.bobajob

Long story short.

She didnt pay a ticket/ did contest it

Got a letter in the post (from friday dated 21st) saying her license is suspended "do not driva yada yada yada"

OK so she's gone on line, to pay all the fines, it says if we go to a court it takes 4-5 days to sort out

if we pay on line notification is immediate.

so some questions

1> As she was hit with a suspended license, will this go on her abstract ?

2> Will the insurance know she has HAD her license suspended

3> I think one of the questions is have you ever had your license suspended (on renewal or going to a new place)

4> Will she get hit with anything on renewal, i.e. is this a strike

5> When she pays the fines etc, will she have something to print out to say her license is now ok, in case she gets stopped, or will LEO's know.

5a> So as it's the evening, if she pays all fines and reinstatement on line, can she drive tommorow ? if not when

some hypothetical's

1> The main policy is in her name, I have a sub policy, purely in my name, we can drive each others cars, but we have separate insurance numbers

IF my wife got caught with no license I guess she would have been in big trouble, could they cancel her policy, as I am a "sub on her main policy"

would that also mean my policy would get cancelled

2> If stopped with a suspended license what could have happened at roadside

3> IF in an accident, again what could have been the worse case scenario, would insurance have walked away

could there have been any jail time ?

Thanks again guy's

BJ

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
bobajob

Posting Awards

Unread post by bobajob »

47 views, no replies

so we sorted out the ticket/licence etc, and she is now driving (legally)

but if anyone can answer the further questions please

some hypothetical's

1> The main policy is in her name, I have a sub policy, purely in my name, we can drive each others cars, but we have separate insurance numbers

IF my wife got caught with no license I guess she would have been in big trouble, could they cancel her policy, as I am a "sub on her main policy"

would that also mean my policy would get cancelled

2> If stopped with a suspended license what could have happened at roadside

3> IF in an accident, again what could have been the worse case scenario, would insurance have walked away

could there have been any jail time ?

txs

* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

If your wife was pulled over roadside, she would have been charged with driving while suspended. If there's some sort of odd circumstance that shows she didn't simply ignore her conviction and was unaware of a suspension, they'd likely take that into consideration at your summons date and go from there.

Insurance providers deny coverage for suspended drivers all the time. If that were the case, she would have to take them to court in order to settle that dispute. It's also quite possible they'd step up and provide coverage depending on the circumstances. They'd likely consider the situation surrounding someone who is suspended by mail as opposed to someone who is suspended after appearing in court.

Your wife wouldn't exactly be considered a worthy candidate to serve any jail time. It wouldn't be anything to worry about.

bobajob

Posting Awards

Unread post by bobajob »

thanxs bend

bend wrote:If your wife was pulled over roadside, she would have been charged with driving while suspended. If there's some sort of odd circumstance that shows she didn't simply ignore her conviction and was unaware of a suspension, they'd likely take that into consideration at your summons date and go from there.

Insurance providers deny coverage for suspended drivers all the time. If that were the case, she would have to take them to court in order to settle that dispute. It's also quite possible they'd step up and provide coverage depending on the circumstances. They'd likely consider the situation surrounding someone who is suspended by mail as opposed to someone who is suspended after appearing in court.

Your wife wouldn't exactly be considered a worthy candidate to serve any jail time. It wouldn't be anything to worry about.

* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket