A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Chris3

Sticker Ticket

by: Chris3 on

DAM...pulled over (Hamilton Ontario) for sticker out of date...$110 fine. both wife and I have perfect records.

At the time...I could only puchase the sticker for 1 year and 2 months...the sticker was purchased in Jan..2010. my b-day is in March. The car just came out of storage (WINTER) May 1st and only drove it twice.

So, after March 2011 the sticker is out of date....Didnt check this before I took the car out today...Wife said the sticker was good ...I'm driving the car so, I know its my fault. She purchase new stickers (2 years) on time for our other 2 cars...but forgot the third one lol.

This will effect my insurance rates. Had my sister inlaw inquire....I will loose my 5% conviction free status....thats about 200 a year I'm gonna loose. Went and purchased a new sticker...they still charged full price, even thou I'm 2 months late.

What are the chances of getting off from this type of ticket.... I'm guessing they dont care about someone making a honest mistake. I do have a ton of time on my hands and dont mind going to court just to waste time.

I know it's kinda cut and dry here....it's either there or it's not.

Any words of wisdom lol?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

You can request a first attendance meeting with the Crown and see if they're willing to offer you a deal. I don't know how much luck you'd have getting the charge dropped outright, but I'm sure they'd offer you a significantly reduced fine. Just take all documentation with you to show that the sticker was renewed and when.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Chris3 wrote:So, after March 2011 the sticker is out of date..

just for info - sticker is valid ONLY to the actual birthday of the owner, not the end of month (unless of course the bday is March 31st)

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

And please..... for Non commercial motor vehicles, please put it on the rear plate and in the top RIGHT corner. :) Commercial- front plate and top right.... Just a pet peeve. I really hate people who like to decorate their plates with val tags.

Post a Reply