Red Light Camera Ticket - Not My Car

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, hwybear, Reflections, admin, Decatur, bend

DrSteven

Posting Awards

Red Light Camera Ticket - Not My Car

Unread post by DrSteven »

My father parked his old disabled car in a parking lot of his mechanic couple months back (outside) I guess he did not remove the plates, because he just received a $338 red light camera ticket from another part of GTA, the license plate is his but the car in the picture is not his (different make, color).

I presume he can go to court to defend this, how does he prove it was not his car that was driven ? Should he bring his old registration that shows he owns a different car ?

RandySolara

Posting Awards

Unread post by RandySolara »

I just paid my Red light camera ticket ya 325$ , in my opinion i don't think they cares who own the car or who was driving the car, it's your job to keep your car or licence plate, what you can do now is go to that Mechanic Shop and ask who drove his car and ran red light camera, but if you wanna go to court instead i think you need a lot of evidence that someone stole or drove his car without your dad's consent. this is a complicated case though.

Red light camera is hard to fight if the Engineer proves it works and functioned correctly, i did contact the Camera Operation centre in York Region and got replied with Tech and Engineer with a Functioned Camera light at that intersection time and date. good luck DR-Steven

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

RandySolara wrote:I just paid my Red light camera ticket ya 325$ , in my opinion i don't think they cares who own the car or who was driving the car, it's your job to keep your car or licence plate, what you can do now is go to that Mechanic Shop and ask who drove his car and ran red light camera, but if you wanna go to court instead i think you need a lot of evidence that someone stole or drove his car without your dad's consent. this is a complicated case though.

I think you've misunderstood the situation a bit here. Your situation and this situation are apples and oranges.

As to the original poster, you should probably start by visiting a police station and reporting your license plate as being stolen asap. I believe they might give you a form to take to a Service Centre so you can straighten things out there too. You can probably just request an early resolution meeting and show up with your report and any paperwork showing the proper vehicle for the plate . They might even have this information (MTO letter with plate and vehicle information), but don't quote me on that. I don't imaging it going any further afterwords.

Good luck.

DrSteven

Posting Awards

Unread post by DrSteven »

bend wrote:

I think you've misunderstood the situation a bit here. Your situation and this situation are apples and oranges.

As to the original poster, you should probably start by visiting a police station and reporting your license plate as being stolen asap. I believe they might give you a form to take to a Service Centre so you can straighten things out there too. You can probably just request an early resolution meeting and show up with your report and any paperwork showing the proper vehicle for the plate . They might even have this information (MTO letter with plate and vehicle information), but don't quote me on that. I don't imaging it going any further afterwords.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info he went to report his plates stolen to the police this weekend, tomorrow he will go to MTO as well, I told him to make sure to go to court with all the paperwork and hopefully early resolution will take care of it.