A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

bobajob

Posting Awards

Quebec - Suspended License

by: bobajob on

anyone see the CBC article on the couple who had there license suspended after 1 parking ticket,

then got stranded on the hiway

is this even possible, sounds more to the story

search

/woman-newborn-stranded-unpaid-parking-ticket

on cbc

txs

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: argyll on

Fine is unpaid, licence is suspended thereby invalidating insurance, traffic stop is made and vehicle towed, family safe at a restaurant.

Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
Markus

Posting Awards

by: Markus on

argyll wrote:Fine is unpaid, licence is suspended thereby invalidating insurance, traffic stop is made and vehicle towed, family safe at a restaurant.

The first time I heard about the story the news reporter made it sound like a car was towed because of an unpaid parking ticket. On further investigation it appears the lady acknowledges receiving a letter, before embarking on her trip, that her licence would be suspended if the fine was not paid. She decided to ignore the letter until after her trip, and her licence was suspended. She had plenty of time to to take care of paying the fine (at least a year I believe) and chose not too. It's unfortunate that the lady and her young family has the car impounded but she has only herself to blame. And then, after the impoundment, she has the nerve to contact the media and play the victim card. The woman is simply an idiot.

bobajob

Posting Awards

ok thats makes sense... LOLZ

question, I thought, if I say get a parking ticket, I refuse to pay, or dont, or forget... I thought when my sticker comes up for renewal, it won't be unless the fine is paid,

so during the ticket and the sticker (usually a year) renewal

Would my licence get suspended for none payment of a parking ticket

seems a bit much, sure if I had a stack, but just one !

anyway cool on the explanatin

* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

In Quebec, they'll suspend your license for unpaid fines whether it's a speeding ticket or a parking ticket. Registered owner takes all responsibility for his/her vehicle.

If you ignore the fine the first time around, they'll send you a notice again with an increased fine. They might do this again before the ticket goes into collections. SAAQ (Quebec Automobile Insurance Corporation) is notified of your debt and your license will be suspended.

If you're out of province, they'll wait till you come back and you'll be driving suspended in Quebec.

In Ontario, you wont be able to renew your stickers for an unpaid parking ticket. However, if you have something like an unpaid speeding ticket, the process is the same. You'll eventually be suspended.

bobajob

Posting Awards

cool txs Bend

* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
Post a Reply