A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Reflections, bend, Decatur

RandySolara

Posting Awards

Outstanding Fines !

by: RandySolara on

Hey guys i'm new, i have a question about sticker renewal.

I pulled out my mail today and got a sticker renewal mail from ServicesOntario but new envelope letter different to my mom's one, mine expire in June and Mom is in July, i was reading the letter and saw that "Outstanding Fines 186$" and sticker alone is "98$" total of 284$, i was shocked and wondered what and where were 186$ outstanding fines came from ? .

1, i paid all parking ticket online with my Visa

2, got a speeding ticket in new year but i hired Xcopper to fight for it (court date is may 27, 2015)

3, i got one 30$ parking ticket before new year in Housing Parking Property downtown Toronto that i WAS UNABLE TO PAY, it kept saying the infraction number is not registered to the system, i waited 1 month after still couldn't pay, until now.

Before i go pay for the Fines and renew my sticker anyone got any clue how i got that Outstanding Fines ? i'm a good and innocent driver i paid everything right away that speeding ticket wasn't intended i was passing in fast lane and changed to slow lane right away and Cop pulled me over.

I read on here, i saw many of members here got their Driver License suspended for not paying fines, do they suspend driver license if you don't pay parking ticket though ? Seriously driver's license suspension of unpaid fines is ridiculous.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

RandySolara wrote:I read on here, i saw many of members here got their Driver License suspended for not paying fines, do they suspend driver license if you don't pay parking ticket though ?

These fines were attached to your plate, not your personal license. Your speeding ticket is another issue. These are fines where the identity of the driver isn't necessary. That includes parking tickets, 407, red light camera, etc.

If you don't pay, you can't renew your plates. Your license wont be suspended in this case.

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

You will have to go to MTO ask for report on what the outstanding fines are.

Maybe some are a mistake but it will take some time to get it all sorted out and you most likely wont' get it sorted out before you need to renew your sticker so you will most likely need to pay them all to get your sticker renewed. Once you get it sorted out you will be reimbursed.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
RandySolara

Posting Awards

by: RandySolara on

Thank you "Bend" and "jsherk" , i went there today just got back, the clerk at ServicesONtario told me it was parking ticket and probably the 30$ ticket that i couldn't pay, he said if the i can't pay online go pay at the Office, from 30$ went up to 186$ in around 8 months > ? what an interest there Ontario got eh ! thanks again for taking time and replied ....

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

Again, once you get some details then maybe you can figure why it's so much and sort it all out... $30 to $186 does seem a quite bit unreasonable.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
daggx

Posting Awards

by: daggx on

Even with the various collection fees imposed on overdue fines I don't see how a $30.00 ticket would morph into $186.00. There must be more then one ticket outstanding. Like others have said I would get a breakdown of exactly what that $186.00 consists of before paying it.

Post a Reply

Return to “General Talk”