A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

caseydeane

Motorcycle Fork Rake Law

by: caseydeane on

Is there a maximum limit of degrees that you can rake your front forks out to? I was thinking about purchasing a 14 degree rake kit for my bike, but not if I'm going to get pulled over and ticketed for it.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

I cant remember seeing anything in regards to forks, however the handlebar height is in the act.

HTA OREG 611

schedule 6

3 (e) no part of the handlebar shall exceed a height of 380 millimetres (38cm) above the uppermost portion of the operators seat when the seat is depressed by the weight of the operator

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
FyreStorm

Posting Awards

by: FyreStorm on

Further the longer the rake, the less downforce on your front tire...i.e. if the officer grabs your front brake to lock, and can still push the bike forward, improper means of braking, off comes the plate, it can be declared unfit and towed away, don't mess around with chopper style bikes, the cannot store or manoeuvre in emergency situations and almost always draw unwanted police attention.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

FyreStorm wrote:manoeuvre in emergency situations .

AMEN... being a MC rider myself, those "4 wheelers" don't seem to see us and MC riders have to avoid said "4 wheeler" or end up being part of the 4 wheeler

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply