A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

Moderator Needed! Post Your Resume Here Or Pm Me!

by: admin on

www.OHTA.ca is Looking for a NEW Moderator for General Talk!

Are you Internet Friendly? Do You Post Daily on this Forum?

IF You Answered YES to both of these questions, then you can apply to be a Moderator on www.OHTA.ca!!!

Post your Resume Here or PM Admin!

For More Information Please Contact: Admin

Thanks.

Last edited by admin on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Squishy

by: Squishy on

Not sure what kind of resume you need - a work resume? :lol:

I moderate Escape-City.com, a site for Ford Escape owners; I mostly moderate the tech sections, as we've decided to let the users go nuts in general chat areas (aside from personal insults and spam). I actually did the outline for our warning system, escalating from a PMed "verbal" warning to official warnings through board software to temporary/permanent bans. I also helped set up the layout of the subforums and supply most of the TSB and recall information. To toot my own horn, 8) I was recently PMed by a new user thanking me for being "unexpectedly" patient, polite, and impartial. A heated argument erupted between him and an established member, and he had expected the site staff to side with the "veteran".

If you want a bit of work background, my last job was with the TTC. Started out in the Track Inspection department working with the Senior Track Inspection Engineer. Then I moved to Maintenance Engineering where I worked with the rail grinding program.

As for education, I have two years of a Systems Design Engineering degree from University of Waterloo. I always had high marks in high school, satisfactory marks in university, but I just couldn't take all the time behind a desk that engineering involved. I'll probably apply to the OPP next year, but first I'm applying for a "lubrication technician" position for some easy money while I get in shape.

I try to post here at least once a day; I plan on taking a year to get in shape and the recruitment process takes about a year, so you'll have me for at least two more years. If I end up at my first choice, HSD, I'll probably be able to keep up posting once a day (Bear does it!) but I can't make any promises if they send me to a northern detachment.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Squishy wrote: I can't make any promises if they send me to a northern detachment.

Once you get the squirrels to run in the wheel and generate enough power, your posts will still be 2 time zones and 3 days behind :lol:

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
hwybear

Posting Awards

Admin....now the forum is larger, I can also help out if need be.

I do admin another site that has restricted access and for the most part I stop in here every day.

Cheers

Bear

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
FiReSTaRT

by: FiReSTaRT on

Yeah, this should be left with somebody who's tried it and is still crazy enough to do it. I've been a mod on one forum, but I found it difficult to stay neutral in some more flammable discussions. All the power to those with that level of self control. As for me.. I've been here less than a week and already gave one member a piece of my mind :twisted:

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
Squishy

by: Squishy on

FiReSTaRT wrote:Yeah, this should be left with somebody who's tried it and is still crazy enough to do it. I've been a mod on one forum, but I found it difficult to stay neutral in some more flammable discussions. All the power to those with that level of self control. As for me.. I've been here less than a week and already gave one member a piece of my mind :twisted:

I don't think many moderators who participate in their forums can remain neutral for long. I know that if I have an opinion on something, I'll jump right into the discussion. I stay impartial though, in that I won't let the side I support break rules while punishing the side I am against.

hwybear wrote:Once you get the squirrels to run in the wheel and generate enough power, your posts will still be 2 time zones and 3 days behind :lol:

Hey, at least I'll have power in my igloo. :lol:

FiReSTaRT

by: FiReSTaRT on

On another forum, I was involved in a fairly heated discussion. While I didn't break any rules, 2 members did and got very hostile with each other. Both of them left the forum and they were great assets to the community. That was the time when I resigned as a mod and went back to the ranks.

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

I'd also like to help out! I visit the site daily and would be more than willing to contribute. What sort of a resume were you looking for... detailed or specific?

Squishy, if you get sent to northern Ontario, don't forget to post photos of the polar bears that you'll run into! (That's if you get sent as far north as Hudson Bay and Polar Bear Provincial Park.) :shock:

hwybear

Posting Awards

Plus there won't be the HTA up there.....more like the "Blackfly Feeding Act" :lol:

Post a Reply