Lost My Court Notice Sheet, Who Do I Contact? And...

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, hwybear, Reflections, admin, Decatur, bend

metal9x

Lost My Court Notice Sheet, Who Do I Contact? And...

Unread post by metal9x »

The date was the 11th I'm pretty sure but not going to guess and play around with the time, so who do I contact to get the date/time again? Also, if the time is too close to a midterm that I have, is it possible to reschedule my court date? And if so, how difficult would it be to do so? Do I have to prove that there's a time conflict or can it easily be done?

highwaystar

Posting Awards

Unread post by highwaystar »

Call the court house where your case is at. They'll tell you your court dates. Otherwise, the prosecutor's office will tell you.

As for seeking an adjournment, you need to serve a Notice of Application for Adjournment on the prosecutor's office (each jurisdiction has their own template form), in addition to filing it with the court. You can get these forms at the court house. You will then be given a motion date so that you or an agent can attend court to request the adjournment. That's usually the difficult part----someone actually needs to attend court to seek the adjournment. Of course, any adjournments YOU request are also time that is counted against you---should you ever wish to raise any 11b arguments down the road.

metal9xx

Unread post by metal9xx »

So I contacted the courthouse and they looked up my license number and my full name, we checked multiple times that no mistake was made over the phone and she found nothing in the system.... She then said it's absolutely not normal or common for this to occur.

What does this mean?