Just Got Ticket !?

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, hwybear, Reflections, admin, Decatur, bend

Bambus

Just Got Ticket !?

Unread post by Bambus »

Hello,

My first post, great forum.

Just received a ticket for $325. I was pulled over by a city PO. Showed him my license - to my suprize it was expired. Explained to him that i did not receive any notice to renew, and when I got the sticker renewed, no one mentioned my license expired that day :x Also, i explained that the only time i look at my license is when i get pulled over, and I have not been pulled over in a long time. He issued the ticket N E ways. here is the thing: ticket stated - "NO LICENSE" cited Sec.32(1). I looked it up and it states "32. (1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle on a highway unless the motor vehicle is within a class of motor vehicles in respect of which the person holds a drivers licence issued to him or her under this Act. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 32 (1)." I HAD A LICENSE .

Should I go and plead quilty with explanation? (which only will reduce the ticket to $200 hopefuly/probably) OR got to trial and try to gett it cleared completely?

KICKER-> The PO was good enough to let me drive home (on my expired license) to avoid towing the car. I said Thank You.

Please advize.

Thnx

Reflections

Unread post by Reflections »

Your license is your responsibility, and driving with an expired lisence is the same as no license at all. Never count on someone else to look out for you. I know not much help but that is life....

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

Reflections in right on the nose :!:

Expired = no licence at all.

Lucky day for you that the officer was so nice and let you continue....I personally would not have.

Even more luck that you did not have a collision.....I have yet to see/hear of an insurance company covering the cost of a collision when the actual owner who is driving does not have a licence.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca