A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Marks

Interpreter On Trial, How To Find The Status Of Request?

by: Marks on

Hey guys,

My situation:

Filing my speeding ticket, I requested an interpreter. I marked the checkbox saying "Do you need an interpreter" although the clerk in the offence court told me a couple of times not to do it. Anyway I marked that checkbox on the ticket and gave it to the clerk. 4 weeks later I received the notice of trial. However, there were nothing about interpreter in the notice. And the clerk did not give me any copies of the ticket to prove, I requested the interpreter.

So I wonder, is it possible they would say I did not request interpreter on the trial? How to find out my interpreter request is properly filed? Should have been the clerk given me any copies of the ticket?

That's my first ticket, so I am nervous a little about these things.
Passing Thru

by: Passing Thru on

The Notice of Intention to Appear will have your request for the interpreter and the language reqursted signed by you. That will be in court on your trial date showing you requested an interpreter. Not sure where your ticket is filed but if it is in Toronto and the interpreter isn't in court you have a good chance to have the ticket thrown out.

Of course if you are still concerned about it you can call the Prosecutors office and enquire about it to ensure they will be there.

Marks

by: Marks on

Thanks for your reply.

The point is that in the Notice of Trial there is no any word about interpreter. So that's why I am worrying they just skipped my request somehow.

I called prosecutors office (my ticket is in Brockville, and I am in Toronto, so can only call them) a couple of times and left message with the question, however, they never called me back. Don't know, what to do now. Any suggestions?

Post a Reply