An Idle Question...

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, hwybear, Reflections, admin, Decatur, bend

Did the price of gas change your driving habits?

Yes, completely changed my habits
20%
I made some changes
60%
I didn't make any changes
20%

Total votes: 5

Radar Identified

An Idle Question...

Unread post by Radar Identified »

So while I'm up burning the midnight oil baking goodies for Christmas breakfast tomorrow... I thought I'd ask this question out of curiosity. We had very high gas prices this summer, and now the economy has gone for a skate. Gas prices will go back up eventually, I'm sure, but for now they're low. Did you adjust your driving because of the high gas prices? If so, in what way? Do you plan on making any adjustments because of worries over the economic situation?

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

We changed our habits and not only during the high prices, but even now we spend less coin!

I walk,bike to work when weather permits (burns off donut calories). We make a list before we go shopping and to what stores so we go in order, rather than jumping back and forth. Our regular speed has not changed, our braking has, soon as I see a red light, just let off the gas, gradually slow, only to have the light change, so not as much braking, less gas used to get going. Biggest saving is home heat, we leave the furnace at 20C all the time, we have a dual stage motor, one always on, Circulates air and never feels cold!

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

Unread post by racer »

I don't drive much to begin with, so my habits haven't changed at all. Besides in Guelph I can get anywhere on my bike in under 30 minutes (when weather permits), great for burning off hundreds of calories too. Also, as a student I have a free bus pass. Don't even see a point in driving right now. Saves me a ton on insurance if anything else...

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com