Front Turn Signal Lighting Color.

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

Greek Dude

Front Turn Signal Lighting Color.

Unread post by Greek Dude »

:?

I have read in another post that front turn signals must be amber and parking lights can be either amber or white. I have constructed my own turn signal/parking light assembly but the amber lights are not bright enough to see in the daylight, so I was thinking on maybe getting some warm white led's but I don't know if they will be legal (color wise). I have seen some 0.5 watt 5730 amber led's but I don't know the light output will be visible to other drivers. I need to be seen but I don't need a ticket.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And yes, I also have turn signals and parking lights inside my head lamp assemblies along with HID projectors that put out a nice bright white light.

Attachments
IMG_2239.JPG
IMG_2239.JPG (194.17 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
bobajob

Posting Awards

Unread post by bobajob »

the simplest answer is, if the lights don't conform, then you'll get pulled,

if you get a ticket or if you can get it dropped is a whole different ball of wax.

Greek Dude wrote::?

I have read in another post that front turn signals must be amber and parking lights can be either amber or white. I have constructed my own turn signal/parking light assembly but the amber lights are not bright enough to see in the daylight, so I was thinking on maybe getting some warm white led's but I don't know if they will be legal (color wise). I have seen some 0.5 watt 5730 amber led's but I don't know the light output will be visible to other drivers. I need to be seen but I don't need a ticket.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And yes, I also have turn signals and parking lights inside my head lamp assemblies along with HID projectors that put out a nice bright white light.

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail