From Quebec, Traveling Into Ontario

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

Fang_x

From Quebec, Traveling Into Ontario

Unread post by Fang_x »

Alright, so in Quebec we have an option for registering vehicles that are over 25 years old with a Classic plate, aka a Restricted area plate. (I have done so to save money, i only use the car as a secondary vehicle)

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/vehicle_r ... d_area.php

"Vehicles registered under a C license plate are road vehicles "with restricted-area use", that is, they are not authorized to operate everywhere on the Qu©bec road network.

These vehicles are allowed to operate only in areas where the speed limit does not exceed 70 km/h as long as they do not operate either on a highway or a limited access road"

There are many routes, allowing me access to Ontario while avoiding major highways such as the 417. I am pretty close to the quebec ontario border, only about 20 mins by highway.

Im just wondering as the saaq site only tells me information while regarding quebec.

If im in Ontario am i allowed to access the highway? As far as i know., as long as im plated and insured, i'd be allowed correct?

Julio

Unread post by Julio »

i would avoid this area regardless, even more so with a Qc licence. Cops are doing excessive routine checks along the Qc border, lots of local papers discussing how many law abiding citizen are feeling harrassed.