A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Midnite89

Follow Too Closely Traffic Ticket

by: Midnite89 on

Hi all,

So basically what happened was, I'm at a stop light, then the line starts moving, and I'm accelerating then all of a sudden the car in front of me slam their brakes, and I didn't have enough time to brake in time, so I hit the car at like maybe 10km/hr or something, no dent foreseeable but the person in front of me, some old lady apparently suffered whiplash so the ambulance/paramedics had to come, and the cop charged me with "Follow too Closely"

The cop made it seem like if I just paid the fine, that'd be the end of that(no mention of demerits whatsoever) so I did, then right after I paid the fine, they gave me 4 demerit points for follow too closely and since I only have a G2 they were gonna suspend my license for a month. And not to mention my insurance going up as well! I got them to re-open my case so I have a trial date set for Sept 4, 2012.

Is there anything I can do? I have my G license on August 24th, if I pass, will my license still be suspended? To be honest, I gave my license in when I found out I was getting suspended and I didn't get my license back til a month later in the mail, so the "suspension" period would have been over, but does it even count since during that period, it doesn't count as my license being suspended? I would appreciate any insight on how to beat this..thank you.

Post a Reply