First Trial In My Life On Aug 28 - Please Help

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

kin0kin

First Trial In My Life On Aug 28 - Please Help

Unread post by kin0kin »

http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com ... .html#8843

Please see above link for more info. I have read TC and a bunch of other web sites, but I'm hoping to receive more support and advices beyond what was documented.

When I get to the court, I am going to see if the cop is there. If he is there, I'd ask for an adjournment immediately upon being called up. If not, I'd probably keep quiet until the prosecutor announce that the charges are withdrawn, or whatever next.

My court time is 10.30am. Am I the first in the line for that day?

kin0kin

Unread post by kin0kin »

Decided to play it safe and went back to court on the 17th to file a motion to adjourn.

Motion was set on today, 21st of August.

Went to court this morning. Court time was suppose to be 10.30am but JP came in late at 10.40am. After the prosecutor took the first few kills, it was my turn for the motion. I did what TC suggested. (very well documented steps). I went to the stand, and greeted the JP. "good morning your worship" then the prosecutor did her thing. The JP looked at the motion and repeated that I'd filed for a motion because I'd not received the disclosure.

I said "that's correct, your worship". Then she said, motion granted. Let's pick another date 8) The prosecutor didn't have the officer's schedule with her. The JP picked Dec 6th, which is a Sunday. The prosecutor agreed.

I then asked if there's an earlier date, and the clerk said that's the earliest date for this court. Then I asked if the JP if the prosecutor would have the disclosure ready before then. She then relayed that message (although we were obviously all in the same room) to the prosecutor and the prosecutor said she'd be sending out the disclosure. The JP then automatically addressed my concern saying that if I did not receive the disclosure by then, there would be ways to resolute that.

There we go. 3 more months to go. The total time since I filed for the trail would be over 1 year by then. I'd continue bugging them for the disclosure 2-3 weeks later. And maybe a month later. I'd start preparing charter 11b while I wait for the disclosure.

Reflections

Unread post by Reflections »

I'd start preparing charter

11b while I wait for the disclosure.

File the 11b at least 15 days before your next trial date...

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com