A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Reflections, bend, Decatur

sumyeikmei

Failure To Surrender License (g2)

by: sumyeikmei on

Hello there,

I don't have many people who know about what would happen to my license if I plea guilty.

I was with my driving instructor that day and it was just before my road test. We were actually just heading to my road test and as I was driving, we were pulled over.

This is the first time I've ever been pulled over. The officer talked to my instructor which got into a slightly heated discussion. There were two officers and one of them was really nice but I'm assuming he's new to the force due to the elder officer pushing him to write out tickets.

I got a ticket for failure to surrender my license because I personally did not have it. My driving instructor who was doing a mock test had it however he was with the other officer at the time. When the officer asked if I had any other IDs on me, I told him my wallet was with my sister.

What I know is if I just paid my ticket, I'm basically saying I'm guilty. So what happens then?

I have a G2 and did a road test right after. Worst event to happen just before however if I brought it to court, what steps should I take?

It's my first time so I know these may be ridiculous questions but I would be really grateful for your opinions and answers.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Any reason why you didn't tell the officer your instructor had your licence?

There is nothing in law that states the licence needs to be kept on your person, just that it needs to be surrendered on demand. As long as your instructor could have produced it, you're complying with the law.

redron

by: redron on

I have the best one yet.....

My son was just pulled over 1 for no reason... 2 when asked for his papers IE insurance and ownership and license he gave the (Person) what they asked for... but his handed the wrong part of the ownership by mistake.

the (Person) and I think you know what I want to call him... came back to the car he said everything is ok but you gave me the wrong part of the ownership, my son say oh sorry one sec and gets the correct part he did have in the Van with him at the time not at home or in his shoe box.. the (Person) Cop says sorry I don't want to see thanks here is your ticket goodbye........ $110.

I just don't understand he did have it on him in the van he just handed the wrong part to the )(&*)(..... can this be.....

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

redron wrote:My son was just pulled over 1 for no reason... 2 when asked for his papers IE insurance and ownership and license...

You're (unknowingly I presume) contradicting yourself. If your son was pulled over so an officer can go over his documentation, then that's the reason he was pulled over. An officer in Ontario has every right to do so.

redron wrote:he gave the (Person) what they asked for... but his handed the wrong part of the ownership by mistake.

the (Person) and I think you know what I want to call him... came back to the car he said everything is ok but you gave me the wrong part of the ownership, my son say oh sorry one sec and gets the correct part he did have in the Van with him at the time not at home or in his shoe box.. the (Person) Cop says sorry I don't want to see thanks here is your ticket goodbye........ $110.

I just don't understand he did have it on him in the van he just handed the wrong part to the )(&*)(..... can this be.....

The officer is correct. Highway Traffic Act states you are surrender your documentation upon the demand of a police officer. The officer is under no obligation to stand there while you're searching the second time around. Request an early resolution meeting on the back of your ticket. Show up with the proper documents and they'll probably just drop it.

Post a Reply