A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

sushi786

Fail To Sign Ownership $110

by: sushi786 on

I don't get it, $110 for not signing ownership, it wasn't deliberate, just an oversight since I just got the damn thing a month ago...how do I fight this, I'm unemployed and really can use whatever help I can get.

Bookm

by: Bookm on

Sign the ownership and take it to the Crown (at the court office address on ticket). Tell him you are very sorry and ask if he could kindly drop the charge.

ross31

by: ross31 on

I also got my first and only ticket with this offence and Im very naive with regards to these since i havent been in court ever. $110 is quite a bit of money specially if you're presently unemployed like me. My question is, if I do go to the court to 'kindly ask the crown officer to drop the charge', do I have to schedule a court appearance first? If so, should it be option 2 (plead guilty)? Secondly, what does 'first attendance' mean? Will the insurance companies take advantage of this offence? The officer told me to sign the permit in front of the judge and we will go from there, not exactly sure what that means. My apologies for ignorance and for such a long post.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

fortec_man wrote:Is it the original ownership that you didn't sign or a copy of it?

does not matter whether it is the original or a copy, the document still has to be signed.

**note** if photocopying, have to copy both sides of the ownership as the permit (ownership) has to be validated with the validation sticker (there is one sticker for the plate and one for the permit).

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
fortec_man

by: fortec_man on

hwybear wrote:
fortec_man wrote:Is it the original ownership that you didn't sign or a copy of it?

does not matter whether it is the original or a copy, the document still has to be signed.

**note** if photocopying, have to copy both sides of the ownership as the permit (ownership) has to be validated with the validation sticker (there is one sticker for the plate and one for the permit).

lol..i know, i was just trying to figure out which one of them was being a d**k

Post a Reply