A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

armanfaraz

Expired License Ticket

by: armanfaraz on

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. So i got a ticket for expired license card yesterday. And I haven't had a ticket before. I have no idea how to proceed. He fined me almost 330$ which is a lot since I am an university student and doesn't have a job. I have decided to select option #2 and see the prosecutor. (I am guilty but, I just want to request someone to reduce the fine or drop the ticket)

I have a couple of questions:

1) Does it mean I am claiming not guilty ?

2) Does it mean I am challenging the officer ?

3) How long after I submit the request do I get the date ?

4) What are the chances of getting reduced or dropped ticket ?

Thank you

viper1

by: viper1 on

Pay your expired fee.

Choose option 2(meet the person)

Show your paid fee.

Most likely you will be offered a lower fee.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

You are INNOCENT until proven guilty in a court of law (or until you pay the ticket and select the guilty box). Always remember that ... INNOCENT.

Prosecutors are sneaky and while meeting with them before a trial or even in a trial they may ask a question like "but you are guilty right?" or "but your license was expired right?". NEVER answer them! Always say something like "Sorry I will not answer that because I am not required to testify against myself".

My opinion is that you should choose NOT GUILTY and request a trial with the Officer PRESENT. Then you can request disclosure of the officers notes and see if there are any discrepencies to work with. If everybody in Ontario choose the not guilty option and requested a trial then this would back up the court system and most would get off with charter violation of right to speedy trial.

This is not legal advice, only my opinion!

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
trenchknife

by: trenchknife on

jsherk wrote: If everybody in Ontario choose the not guilty option and requested a trial then this would back up the court system and most would get off with charter violation of right to speedy trial.

Or guilty people could plead guilty and accept the consequences (commonly referred as "doing the right thing").

I often wonder how many people, knowing they are guilty, would plead NOT guilty if there was a surcharge attached for them wasting the courts time.

Do not take anything I say as legal advice. Only a lawyer can give legal advice. I am not a lawyer.
Post a Reply