No Entry On Green Light

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, hwybear, Reflections, admin, Decatur, bend

marco.B

No Entry On Green Light

Unread post by marco.B »

Hello,

My wife and I were driving on Huntingwood going West approaching Victoria Park in the morning rush hour, so in order to stay out of traffic I advised her to go straight. The light was green as we were approaching and once we crossed Victoria Park, the waiting police officer stopped us and gave us a ticket for disobeying the sign. There was a sign next to the lights saying no entry between certain hours, which neither of us noticed. The court date is scheduled this week, and my wife blames me for the ticket as she was going to turn left on Victoria Park and I told her to go straight, so I'll be representing her. It just seems wrong to get a ticket on a green, any advice on how to challenge this?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

Looking at the intersection on Google Streetview, I'd say the signs are well posted and clearly visible. Unfortunately your wife can't use your poor directions as a defence in Court. I'd suggest speaking with the Crown about the possibility of pleading out to a bylaw offence, which wouldn't appear on your wife's abstract or increase her insurance rates.

FYI you will need some sort of documentation showing your wife has asked that you represent her and is allowing you to resolve the matter on her behalf.