A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

DarylJw

Driving Mortor Vehicle No Licence

by: DarylJw on

so long story short I miss placed my wallet its late i night i have to drive the girl friend home she live down the street so i figure no big, well i go through a ride program (havn't been drinking or any thing) accuse me of being drunk and on drugs for a good 15 min and then i get dinged with a "driving motor vehicle - no licence" charge $325, there goes a week and a half worth of pay, I'm just wondering if i have a chance of getting it reduced if i present my valid licence in court.

Cheers!

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

If, as Simon is asking, you did have a valid licence at the time of the stop, you've been charged under the wrong section.

If you have a valid licence, but not on your person when you're stopped, the charge is Driver Fail to Surrender Licence, with a $110 fine.

If you're licence is expired, not valid or you've just never had one, then the charge would be Drive Motor Vehicle - No Licence, with the much larger fine.

If you were charged under the wrong section, the Crown will likely withdraw the charge once they confirm you were licenced at the time of the offence.

Post a Reply