Driving W/o Ins Fines From 7yr Ago, Never Paid A Cent

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: hwybear, Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, Decatur, bend

werdnatoronto

Driving W/o Ins Fines From 7yr Ago, Never Paid A Cent

Unread post by werdnatoronto »

Long story short. 7 years ago Caught w/o insurance, fines total about nine thousand bucks. I have never made a single payment. I got rid of the car and have taken the bus since.

Now I want my license back.

Because it's been so long I doubt they will give me an "extension of time to pay fine"

This is what I am planning and would like anyones advice...it's all true by the way. I hope maybe a JP will make an exception or something.

-----The last seven years of my life have been very tough, when caught without insurance I was engaged in severe compulsive gambling: I have been on treatment now for five years and successfully overcome the addiction. At the time I was caught I had just been hospitalized for a suicide attempt and was living in a shelter. 2 years ago after medical complications I developed epilepsy and was under a medical suspension, this has now been lifted.

These are not excuses, they are explanations. I work full time now supporting dually diagnosed disabled men, and volunteer on the side. unfortunately I went through a very tough period.... I am now ready to be responsible and pay these fines however I need more time. And the lack of a license is significantly holding me back at work..etc etc

etc. I AM HOPING TO TUG AT THE HEART STRINGS OF A JP OR JUDGE SO TO SPEAK. will it work? I can get everything in writting. somone told me that I first must get 'motion to reopen a trial'. Any advice or insight is appreciated! Thanks Andrew