A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Radar Identified

Despite S. 172, People Are Still Racing

by: Radar Identified on

We've discussed section 172 of the Highway Traffic Act pretty extensively. It was designed to stop street racing. On Monday night, two people died on the Don Valley Parkway in Toronto in an apparent racing incident:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/662536

I passed through that exact stretch about five minutes prior to the crash.

S. 172 may deter some people from speeding excessively but has it had much effect on the real street racers?

BelSlySTi

by: BelSlySTi on

How many "Damn Street Racers" have actually been caught, as oppossed to the "Average Joe" who's been bent over on the side of the road!

What is really interesting is the MTO refusal to release the stats, adjudicators and lawyers are in the mix now.

[img]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l352/toastedwhitebread/Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg[/img]
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Think the last I read was that the number of people stopped for driving more than 50 km/h over the speed limit was around 90% of the people getting charged under s. 172. Who knew that Ontario had 20 000+ "damn street racers"?

Bookm

by: Bookm on

Probably only about 2% of violators are actually caught. So that means there was about ONE MILLION acts of street racing taking place last year, LOL.

Post a Reply