A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

camlea

Cellphone Ticket-can A Decent Reason Do Anyting?

by: camlea on

So, here is what happened. My grandfather(90+) and I went over to my girlfriends and her parents we had a nice evening and everything. My grandfather does not know the area so asks if he can follow my car so he does not get lost. Naturally we get separated when he missed a highway exit and I spend the next half hour frantically trying to find him. I suddenly realize he has had enough time to get home by now if he took the next exit, and without thinking I call him. I find out everything is fine fumble with my cellphone (kept hitting the off button unsuccessfully). Then a cop pulls me over and claims I was texting and gives me a ticket.

Is there anything I can do?

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

If you're asking whether your story is good enough to somehow make this ticket disappear, the answer is no.

You can always request an early resolution meeting and see if your charge can somehow be reduced. Your account of events isn't going to get you very far, so it's your best option really.

tdottopcop

by: tdottopcop on

bend wrote:If you're asking whether your story is good enough to somehow make this ticket disappear, the answer is no.

You can always request an early resolution meeting and see if your charge can somehow be reduced. Your account of events isn't going to get you very far, so it's your best option really.

+1 to that.

Also wanted to add, it's spelled 'anything', not 'anyting'. Confusing, I know.

No, I am not the chief of Toronto Police.
No, I do not work for Toronto Police...
... it is just a name folks :)
Post a Reply