A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

bobajob

Posting Awards

Can You Still Get A Ticket ?

by: bobajob on

was asked this,

friend was on a 400 series, saw a marked LEO on the shoulder with a radar gun,

guy said he was doing 120, in lane 1, but his GPS said 115,

not a lot of traffic, but the cop didnt pull him,

he went a bit further down and saw another OPP parked up, (though might have been pacing him)

again nothing

so.. can he still get a ticket like in the post?

also if not, on a good day with no traffic and the car toodling along (safely -albeit it speeding as per the letter of the law)

did the guy just let it slide? Is there some kinda lee way some LEO's give motorists ?

or was it a case of scaring/warning the motorists to slow down

cheers

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
screeech

by: screeech on

If he was going to get a ticket, they would have pulled him over right then. 120 on the 400 is not going to make them sit up and take notice unless the weather conditions are bad...They are looking for the high milers...

bobajob

Posting Awards

by: bobajob on

great txs screech

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
Markus

Posting Awards

by: Markus on

screeech wrote:If he was going to get a ticket, they would have pulled him over right then. 120 on the 400 is not going to make them sit up and take notice unless the weather conditions are bad...They are looking for the high milers...

Agreed. In good weather I always set my cruise to 120 on the 400 series and I have passed many OPP cruisers either parked on the side of the highway or driving along at a speed slower than mine and I've never been ticketed for speeding. A friend of mine is OPP and he says he usually won't pull over drivers doing 120 or less. Years ago I was a witness to an accident on the QEW. I sat in the front seat of an OPP cruiser while giving my statement to the officer. I noticed his radar display indicated "125". When I asked about it the officer said he doesn't stop anyone going 125 or less.

I did get pulled over, years ago, on the 401 near Belleville for doing 103 km/h. The officer said he pulled me over because I was doing more than 100 and that even though I was only 3 over he could still ticket me. He didn't ticket me and I suspect he pulled me over for reasons other than speed.

Post a Reply