A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

James1989

B.a.c Above Zero Novice Driver

by: James1989 on

im 23 yrs old and got caught by a R.I.D.E program, failed the breathalyzer, however I explained to the cop that i drank 3 hrs before i started driving and was not drunk at all. He believed me and gave me a $110 ticket for novice driver b.a.c above zero, I had to pay a tow truck guy to take my car home and got my license suspended for 24 hrs. The cop said he was letting me off easy with this ticket, and that it wouldnt show up on my driving record, is that true? Also, how would u suggest fighting this ticket? Thnx everyone.

OPS Copper

by: OPS Copper on

It will show up on your driving record and the MTO will most likely suspend our license for 30 days as they consider this a significant breach to the graduated licensing system.

Tough to beat as a roadside instrument was administered and this showed a presence of alcohol pus there was your admission to drinking. It is not just the cops opinion that he smelled alcohol.

OPS

Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

According to your original post, you said you failed the "breathalyzer". I assume you meant the roadside test. Normally you would have been taken to the police station for a breathalyzer test after that and if you failed, you would now be facing a Criminal charge. That's how you got off easy.

Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

The 24 hr suspension is an automaitic roadside suspension. If you are convicted of the novice driver b.a.c above zero, you will be suspended by the MTO for a further 30 days.

I'm surprised that the officer let you off with the provincial offences if you blew a fail.

Post a Reply