Edsel58

Following Too Close At Left Turn???

by: Edsel58 on

I received a ticket for following too close at a left turn. The car in front of me did not advance on the green arrow, so I honked my horn to let her know to go( she was on her phone) She then proceeded to go but to the right lane(curb lane) I continued in the left lane but accelerated ,she then cut back in front of me. and rode the middle of the lanes(I don't think she liked being honked at). The police then pulled me over. (I belive they where in the left turning lane also). The officer told me I was following to close and attempting to pass her when we made the left turn. I said that I was staying in the correct lane and she cut back in front of me. ( it wasn't even a cop car it was a minivan cop :( The ticket itself is badly written. My first name is in the last name spot along with my middle name twice ??! My last name is in the first name spot. I can't read what the contrary to part.... is ...

What are your thoughts on this ??? Thanks

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Were you charged with Following Too Closely? If so... this charge is beatable unless a collision actually occurred. I'd suggest talking to a paralegal about it, because there are some complicated legal arguments that can be used. Otherwise, there is some case law out there that works in your favour, or you could plead it down.

On the other hand, if you think you could get on the witness stand and give solid testimony that the lady first tried to go to the right lane, then cut you off, you might be able to beat the charge in court, too. All depends. Best thing to do, for now, is pick option 3 on the ticket and wait for a trial date. When you get it, you can file for disclosure and get the evidence against you (the officer's notes in your case). Then you can see what you're up against.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply