Highway Traffic Act section 139.1
hazem

Accident In Woodstock

by: hazem on

A week ago, I was involved in a serious car accident because I failed to stop at stop sign or yield to traffic on trough hihgway. I was completely unconcious and don't remember anything of what happened and how it happened. All is based on what the police told me in the hospital.

The police gave me an offence notice to fail to yield to traffic on through highway. I did not sign the ticket since I was in the hospital unconcious. The ticket is for $110 and three points.

I was woundering if I should opt to "Trial option" and what is my chance of dropping the points. I am ok with paying the fine, but I don't want my insurance to increase. I just don't remember how things happened and how the police came to the conclusion that I failed to yield to traffic on through highway.

I appreciate any advice. thansk

Reflections

by: Reflections on

You raise a interesting question. How do you defend yourself if you cannot remember the incident? I am sure that the reconstruction team was there and they are good at their job, so you may be stuck with the current fine and points. You could try Xcopper, and see what they have to say.

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
ticketcombat

by: ticketcombat on

I would request a trial and request disclosure. See what evidence they have first before making any decisions. Just because you can't remember what happened doesn't mean they got it right either. Pay careful attention to the witness statements and see if it matches the "official" accident reconstruction report.

On the other hand, it does sound like the charge may be appropriate. You could have received a careless driving charge and 6 points instead.

Fight Your Ticket!
Post a Reply