Matt

My Stupid Mistake

by: Matt on

I was driving on a 2 lane road, and the bus was travelling in the opposite direction. I wasn't really paying attention, and I passed a stopped school bus with its lights on and arm out. I knew the law, but I made a dumb mistake. It was a 70km/h zone, and the bus honked at me but I'm not sure if they were able to get my details or or anything. I only have had my G2 since July and I feel terrible and scared now that I will be fined. I am visibly shaken and can't concentrate on anything. My questions are:

1.How long are fines laid out after the incident and how is it done? (mail,etc.)

2.I don't own the car and it was under my parents name. Who will be charged?

3.How will this affect my insurance and my license if I am charged?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

For you to be charged as the driver, the bus driver would need to identify you. If they obtained your plate, the registered owner of the vehicle would be charged. The latter is more likely.

1) Charged by mail, could be several weeks

2) Whichever parent is the RO will receive the charge

3) No impact on insurance if you're charged as the owner, only as the driver

Omega_Gin

by: Omega_Gin on

Matt wrote:I was driving on a 2 lane road, and the bus was travelling in the opposite direction. I wasn't really paying attention, and I passed a stopped school bus with its lights on and arm out. I knew the law, but I made a dumb mistake. It was a 70km/h zone, and the bus honked at me but I'm not sure if they were able to get my details or or anything. I only have had my G2 since July and I feel terrible and scared now that I will be fined. I am visibly shaken and can't concentrate on anything. My questions are:

1.How long are fines laid out after the incident and how is it done? (mail,etc.)

2.I don't own the car and it was under my parents name. Who will be charged?

3.How will this affect my insurance and my license if I am charged?

I wouldn't worry too much, for the speed you were going I doubt the bus driver would of had time to get your plate number. When I was younger, my bus would always drive in 50 zone areas and a lot of people passed when the arm was out and only 1 of many times that I can remember did the bus driver get the plate number. If you don't receive anything in the mail within the next 2 weeks then you're fine. I honestly doubt her got you're plate number. Just be more careful next time. :P Also, I would answer your questions but I'd of said the same as what is in the post above.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyroBoyEternal
License Class: G
Car: Blue 2006 Chevy Cobalt LT
Post a Reply