Am I At Fault Here? - School Bus

souza477

Am I At Fault Here? - School Bus

Unread post by souza477 »

I was proceeding west bound at an intersection and from north (left side) a school bus was stopped proceeding south. He had his lights on and extension bar out. A child was running across the street and as soon as he made it to across, I then proceeded passed the intersection. The bus honked at me after I proceeded. Everything I read and understand says I have to be on the same roadway, meeting the school bus to be at the wrong. Obviously I was not...I don't understand why the school bus driver honked at me? Am I incorrect? Can I fight it if I get a ticket, worst case I just get a fine and no demerits?

Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (49.86 KiB) Viewed 3374 times
Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified »

Nice diagram...

You do have to be on the same roadway. Since you didn't pass the school bus, no offence was committed. If it was a four-way stop and you had yielded to all pedestrians (which it sounds like you did), I don't see what the problem was. Maybe there was something else he was honking at...? Or it could just be he got some weird idea in his head. Don't know. Even if you got a ticket, that would be a slam-dunk to get it dismissed.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
souza477

Thank You, I been really concerned about this one. Ya I waited for the pedestrian to complete his crossing on my direct path, then he proceeded to cross on the other side which has nothing to do with me, I assume?. Maybe he assumed I was gonna turn left and hit him? I believe the bus driver took a pic of my car and maybe even myself as we met up at a couple stops down side by side. I guess worst case I would be dealing with a $490fine with no demerit points that I can fight. Thankfully I have my dashcam video too :)

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

Spectacular diagram. :shock:

But yes, based on your description of events, you did nothing wrong.

souza477

Thanks but nothing special about the Diagram, I made it from a website online. I guess I will wait and see. I guess I should know by months end incase anything happens.

Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified »

Keep the dashcam video handy. If you do get charged, showing the video to the Prosecutor should get it dropped right away.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
souza477

Ya I will update this thread if I get charged or not...based on other threads it can be as soon as this week or a couple of weeks...so if I get nothing by mid june, I assume I'm safe.

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

What program is that for your diagram?

Would be good for others to use too, clean, simple and good visual aid

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca