Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
toccalee88

Hta 154(1)(1) ?????

by: toccalee88 on

Okay I cannot find this but I believe that the officer meant to put HTA 154 (1)(a)

My ticket has the above info and it was for Fail to obey lane sign.

It was rush hour and there were two lanes all the way down until the right lane must turn right....well in congested traffic how could I get in even with my signals on no one would let me in so I saw an opening just prior to the right turn so I snuck/cut in and out comes the cop cruiser pulled me over.

Can I fight this ticket?

Could I fight it based on the error on HTA 154 (1)(1) which does not exist......help this is 2 points (I think)

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Windsor eh? Was this on Riverside Drive at Devonshire Road (right beside the Hiram Walker Plant)?

You may be able to plea-bargain to a municipal by-law infraction with this one, if nothing else. That would give you 0 points, a smaller fine and nothing would go on your driver record.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
toccalee88

Radar Identified wrote:Windsor eh? Was this on Riverside Drive at Devonshire Road (right beside the Hiram Walker Plant)?

You may be able to plea-bargain to a municipal by-law infraction with this one, if nothing else. That would give you 0 points, a smaller fine and nothing would go on your driver record.

Plea bargain? as in option #2 on the back of the ticket?

I have a clean record for 27 years.....dam this and yes it was on Riverside and Devonshire....lol

How'd you know lol

all I am worried about is the points....don't want my perfect record tarished for my upcoming ATS test :)

toccalee88

admin wrote:option #3

Option #3 bring to trial?

Wouldn't option #2 lower my payment and give me 0 points?

I am new to this, sorry for all the Q's

toccalee88

How should I say this in court?

Should I get the services of a paralegal or just go and fight it myself by entering a plea bargainp to a municipal by-law infraction as you stated.

cruzmisl

by: cruzmisl on

1. Choose option #3

2. You'll be able to schedule a meeting with the Crown prior to trial (before trial date) to hammer out the details and come to an agreement. Ask if you could plea to something with no points such as a city by law. Even though a lesser HTA offence may have no points, your insurance will still know about it and it's still a ticket. Bylaws won't show up at all on your record. For this though you'll have to pay $125 instead of $110 since the bylaw is more money.

3. Do it yourself.

4. Paypal my service fee :wink:

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

by: admin on

Generally for a plea bargain you want option #3.

Option #3 sets a trial date for you, usually few months away.

You can then attend first attendance meeting with the prosecutor and get a plea bargain.

Optionally, you can apply for disclosure before you go to first attendance.

At that point you can accept the plea bargain or not. If you don't accept it you can go to trial.

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

toccalee88 wrote:yes it was on Riverside and Devonshire....lol

How'd you know lol

Well... I used to live in Windsor... lived in Riverside East, was based at Detroit-Metro Airport... so my commute was right down Riverside, with a stop at the Tim Horton's on Walker Road just north of there. :D Windsor Police would always set up with that black Dodge Magnum right at Riverside and Devonshire during rush hour to catch people who'd cut into the left lane at the last second. They were there at least once a week. And since your location said "Windsor," it wasn't hard to put 2+2 together.

I'd probably go through the standard stuff: File the notice to appear, then get disclosure (officer's notes in this case). Windsor will offer you a First Attendance meeting, so you can look at a municipal by-law infraction, or whatever else happens. Even if you don't reach a resolution on that day, you can still get one on the day of trial.

Key thing is, where did you merge into the line? Did you cross the line where it became solid or was it still dotted?

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply

Return to “Failing to obey signs”