Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
zjaff

Disobey U Turn 401/consumer Dr Whitby

by: zjaff on

hi

I just got the ticket i failed to see the U Turn sign my 10 months baby was crying. Officer gave me ticket he did not checked the checkbox "Witness", I got the 2 demerit point. I have never get any ticket in my driving history (even parking ticket). Can i ask for Not Guilty? I just do not want the demerit points , because it will increase the insurance as well?

Thanks

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

zjaff wrote:hi

I just got the ticket i failed to see the U Turn sign my 10 months baby was crying. Officer gave me ticket he did not checked the checkbox "Witness", I got the 2 demerit point. I have never get any ticket in my driving history (even parking ticket). Can i ask for Not Guilty?

You can choose whatever option you want, but it's not going to go away just because you've never received a ticket before or that your baby was crying. These are not a defenses.

If you're looking for a reduction, you can choose to have a early resolution meeting or request a trial. Early Resolution will be quick and you'll go in with the sole purpose of getting a reduction. It's not a trial, but just a meeting. If you request a trial, you'll be given an offer if there's room on your charge for one. Either way, if there's an opportunity to offer you some sort of lower charge, they'll present you with one.

zjaff wrote:

I just do not want the demerit points , because it will increase the insurance as well?

Insurance companies don't calculate demerit points. They are only used by the Ministry as a penalty system. Insurance companies only care that you were convicted. Even if you are convicted with zero points, you're insurance company may increase your rates. Someone who speeds 3km over and someone who speeds 15km over are usually treated the same. It's all speeding until you are convicted of something they consider major (eg. 50km over).

Post a Reply