Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
ck789

182 (2) - Right Hand Turn

by: ck789 on

This morning on my way to work I made a right hand turn that is prohibited between certain hours. I was aware that the turn was not allowed but did it anyways as I was going to be late to work. The police were down the street pulling people over and ticketing for this. This specific street has many people cutting across it each morning and residents had complained. The police gave me my ticket and I went on my way. I assumed it was just a $110 fine until I googled the offense. 2 demerit points? Brutal! The amount of the fine does not bother me but the idea of losing points does. I am a 22 year old female with one other minor offense that will be forgiven in 6 months, I dont think I can afford to have 2 more demerits.

Do you think that I could have this ticket reduced to something with no demerit points? This seems very extreme considering the circumstance.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

You could seek a plea deal to a lesser offence that doesn't carry any demerit points or fight the charge outright and hope you're found not guilty (probably not likely).

Don't get too focused on demerit points though unless you're about to lose your licence because of them. Insurance providers go by convictions, not points.

viper1

by: viper1 on

ck789 wrote:This morning on my way to work I made a right hand turn that is prohibited between certain hours. I was aware that the turn was not allowed but did it anyways as I was going to be late to work. The police were down the street pulling people over and ticketing for this. This specific street has many people cutting across it each morning and residents had complained. The police gave me my ticket and I went on my way. I assumed it was just a $110 fine until I googled the offense. 2 demerit points? Brutal! The amount of the fine does not bother me but the idea of losing points does. I am a 22 year old female with one other minor offense that will be forgiven in 6 months, I dont think I can afford to have 2 more demerits.

Do you think that I could have this ticket reduced to something with no demerit points? This seems very extreme considering the circumstance.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Those no right turns are a pain.

If you just want to delay it six months select option 3.

You will have to attend court and talk to crown.

Likely you will get it a bit reduced to cover your parking.

Maybe a bylaw and no points.

worth the six months wait.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
Post a Reply