Failing to obey a stop sign - Highway Traffic Act section 136(1).
Hwang

Hta 144(18) Red Light - Failed To Stop.

by: Hwang on

Mine was the third car facing south in the queue waiting to turn left behind the white line at Donmills and Sheppard when the light turned amber. The first two cars proceeded and the light was still yellow, so I followed them entering the intersection and turned left. The light changed to red while I was half way through and I had no choice but to move on in order not to block traffic. I was then pulled over by a police car and two young cops walked out, one on each side of my car stating the camera showed I was running red light. Quietly, I handed over my ownership and insurance cards in a clear plastic bag. Before I said anything, they walked back to thier car. A few minutes later they came back handing me a ticket and said something like "Bring your documents to the court" as they walking away even before I had the changce to utter a word. When I checked the ticket after getting home, there are three, one for red light, one for insurance as I have two insurance cards in the pocket last year and for this year. They didn't even bother to look at the new card. As there are two drivers for the car, my husband gets the original ownership card and I have a photocopy, for that I got the third ticket.

I decided to challenge the offficer and received 3 notices of trail for the three tickets. On the notice one of the letters in my plate number is typed wrong. I know I might be able to use that to fight the case but don't know what to say and how to go about it. Could anybody help? It will be greatly appreciated.

tdottopcop

by: tdottopcop on

1. Why wouldn't you just start your own thread instead of posting a reply in a message from 4.5 years ago?

2. The circumstances you described, it sounds as though you failed to stop for the amber light.

3. bring your insurance and ownership documents to court and advised what happened, you'll possibly have them withdrawn or after trial.

No, I am not the chief of Toronto Police.
No, I do not work for Toronto Police...
... it is just a name folks :)
Post a Reply