335e92

132 On A 60

by: 335e92 on

hello everyone, i wish i can start my first thread on a more positive note sadly no.

I was caught speeding and got pulled over 132km/h on a 60. i know i know i was stupid. i knew i was fast but i didn't know how fast i was. i already contacted a lawyer but i would like to solicit some of the folks opinion on this matter. i will outline pertinent information regarding my case and please tell me on what are the chances of me getting off the hook.

1. The cop did not tell me how fast i was, he just asked for my license and registration. I had to approach him and ask him how fast i was then he told me i was 132km/h on a 60. he didn't show me the tool he used to actually measure my speed so i don't know how he got me.

2. cop pulled me over 1.5 kilometer away from the spot i was actually speeding, i was already in the intersection stopped and waiting to turn. once i turned and got into the other street that's when he pulled me over.

3. the ticket location where he caught me speeding according to the ticket was 2 kms away from where he pulled me over.

how will this items impact my chances on winning the case? my summons is for the markham court.

Thanks everyone for the help

manwithaplan

by: manwithaplan on

You didn't get charged with Careless driving, or stunt driving? And he didn't impound your vehicle? Sounds like you got off pretty lucky as it is.

Regarding your second two questions, the reason you were pulled over so far from where you were speeding is most likely because you were going so fast, the cop had to catch up to you first, so I'm not sure pointing that out would do you any favours in court..... just my opinion, though.

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Also the officer will not necessarily immediately stop a vehicle. They need to find a place where it is safe to do so. For example, if it is an expressway and the shoulders are six inches wide, but they widen out to a full car width about a half-kilometre away, any cop who's got any semblance of intelligence will wait until the shoulders widen out before hitting the lights. They may also be waiting for a confirmation on the status of the vehicle (e.g. not stolen) before initiating a traffic stop.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 50 km/h or more”